Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Museum!

by Drew Martin
Since it is not officially the new year, I will refrain the fanfare. But I did have a great last day of 2014 in a museum environment. My daughter and I went to the Chris Ofili show at the New Museum in New York, which is up until January 25th. I really liked the details of his old work, the concept and mood of his "blue period" and the transformation of the top gallery floor for his most recent work.

This is a special shout out to the guards of the New Museum. My daughter felt faint, which they immediately picked up on, made sure she was ok, and within a couple minutes had her in a wheelchair so we could continue following the Trinidadian guide through the show. (Ofili now lives and paints in her homeland).

Here are a few details of the show, as well as a final shot of my daughter in the New Museum's beautiful Sky Room with a panoramic view.